I don’t remember how or when exactly, but I ran across this post from FreeThoughtPedia, but I do recall thinking that it was one I should share…
Here we endeavor to organize a list of common theist arguments. These will be broken down into categories based on whether the arguments are general in nature (i.e. applying to a generic “god”) or against specific religious philosophies.
There are maybe 50 arguments that are covered, many of which I’m sure you (like me) have heard many times before, but there are also many I at least had not come across before checking this out.
Each of the arguments is covered in detail to show what it means, examples of how it’s used, and detailed reasons why it is, frankly, nothing more than bullshit.
I highly recommend checking out at the very least the “Hall of Fame” of arguments, at going through all of them is a time consuming process (although a worthy one).
Hall of Fame
Arguments so amusing or erroneous they are fast becoming apocryphal.
- Banana: The Atheist’s Nightmare
- Religious misconceptions – Common misconceptions about religion and scripture
- Peanut Butter: Disproves Evolution?
- Crocoduck – Kirk Cameron’s transitional fossil that should prove evolution
- Funny theist quotes – A huge collection of the amazing claims religious people make, mostly taken from online forums.