My intent is to answer questions from a theists POV that I don’t know how you’ll answer… While I grew up raised by “christians” I myself never actually believed (I thought I was supposed to believe and that I was wrong for not believing, but I never did actually believe myself) so there are many things I just don’t understand about the true beliefs (and not a strawman) of believers…
- What religion / belief system do you concider yourself to be (to give a bit of context for the rest of your answers)?
- Does god WANT evil to exist in the universe, and if not why does god allow it (and please, not just the word free-will, I’m hoping for a bit more than that)?
- Did god create evil, and if not who or what created evil and is there anything else in the universe that exists that god did not create?
- Is your religion/belief system the only way to go to heaven (or whatever your “good” version of the afterlife is)? If not, does it matter which one of those methods which can result in a “good” outcome one chooses?
- Many religions (including judiasm, chistianity, islam, etc) say that for many years god interacted directly in tangible ways with the affairs of mankind (burning bushes, cities turned to salt, worldwide floods, etc), does this still happen, and if so why is it not as evident today as it was 2000+ years ago and can you give a few examples of god directly interacting in the affairs of mankind in the last year?
- Keeping in mind that I don’t already accept your particular holy book as “truth” or “divine”, are there any specific reasons you can give me to accept your specific religion over all other religions throughout history (or a lack of religion, such as I currently have)?